Making a romantic scrapbook is a great way to document your relationship and preserve all of your favorite memories together. It can make a wonderful, personalized gift for your significant other on a wide variety of occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentine's Day. Here are some steps to make a scrapbook to document your special and unique relationship.
Part One of Two:
Prepping the MaterialsEdit
1Pick the right scrapbook. There are a plethora of scrapbooks for you to choose from. Think about what kinds of elements you want to include in your scrapbook and then pick the right one for your needs. You may need to shop around a little bit before you officially choose a book. There are so many different kinds, which means you have many options to choose from.
- If you plan on writing a lot of stories or letters to your significant other, you might think about one with lined paper. If you want to add a lot of pictures and decorative elements, you might want one with made in frames and blank paper.
- Go to a specialty store, craft store, or hobby store for the best selection of scrapbooks. You may be able to find one at an office supply store, but a store devoted to hobbies and crafts will have a wider array of books for you to choose from.
2Decide on a theme. Think about what best represents your relationship. If you have any interests that you bond over or a particular color scheme that truly represents your relationship, make that what your scrapbook centers around.
- This can be as simple as making the entire scrapbook blue because it's his favorite color. You can also have a nautical theme because you both love boats or a baseball theme because you bond over your love of a hometown team. Just make sure that it represents something special about your relationship. You want the scrapbook to feel as personal as possible.
3Remember your best memories. Think about all the best times in your relationship. It can be anything from your wonderful first date, your first kiss, the first time he made you dinner, or that time he surprised you with concert tickets for your favorite band. As long as it was significant to you, it should be represented in the scrapbook.
- Write down a list of the memories that you want to include. This will ensure that you won't forget anything and it will help you organize your thoughts later on.
4Compile relationship memorabilia. Go through all of the things you've kept over the course of your relationship. This can be a note he sent you, a candy wrapper from your first Valentine's day together, or a movie ticket from your first date. Also make sure you gather or print out the pictures you want to include on your pages as well. This memorabilia will be the main source of materials for your scrapbook.
5Buy inserts or decorative pieces. Now that you know your theme and know what you are going to include in your book, you need to find some decorative elements and inserts that you want to add to your pages. Buy elements such as cut outs, paper, stickers, markers, or other additional materials that might represent the theme you decide on. These will add extra flare to your pages and make it aesthetically pleasing.
- You can buy cut outs of shapes, hearts, flowers, or letters. You can buy adhesive frames and 3-dimensional objects such as flowers, buttons, or jewels. Try to make them all match so your scrapbook feels cohesive. You also want to make sure all of these elements match your theme.
- If you want to make it a little more personal, make some of these elements yourself. You can also re-purpose some of the memorabilia that you compiled in innovative ways as decorative elements.
Part Two of Two:
Creating the ScrapbookEdit
1Decorate the cover. The cover of your scrapbook will be the first part that your significant other sees, so you want it to be special and look great. Add your names and the date that you met or your favorite picture of the two of you together. You can also have decorative elements that relate to the theme of your book. This will add flare and give him a hint right from the start what kind of scrapbook it is.
2Have a great opening page. Whether you decide to go simple or elaborate, you want this page to have impact. Write a dedication with the date you are giving him the book. You can also make a collage of words that remind you of your relationship or have a simple picture with some words or phrases underneath.
- Don't make this page too busy. You don't want to overwhelm him at the very beginning of the scrapbook. Keep it streamlined and elegant. As long as it personal and heartfelt, he'll understand how much you love him.
3Include a few special memories. On the next page of your scrapbook, it's time to add content. Write a description of your favorite date, the best day you spent together, or the most romantic thing he ever did for you on a piece of decorative or colored paper. You can mount it with a frame or use some of the decorative elements that you bought.
- Pick a color of paper that you think will match your scrapbook and will reflect your theme.
- Add small elements around your pages. This helps fill in the blank areas and makes it look more elegant and decorative.
- You can add more than one memory on each sheet of paper. You can also have more than one page dedicated to your favorite memories from your relationship. If you have ten things you want to let him know meant a lot to you, then have ten pages made like this one. It's your scrapbook and you can make it as long as you want.
4Add date pages. Dedicate a few pages to all the great dates you've gone on together. Put pictures, movie tickets, menus from frequented restaurants, playbills, concert tickets, and small things that you've acquired over all the dates and outings you've gone on together.
- Find inventive ways to use some of the memorabilia as decorative elements here. Cut a portion out of a menu to provide backing for a picture or use a playbill as a large frame for a picture of you at that event.
5Journal to your love. Your scrapbook is a great place for you to tell him how you feel about him. Write him a letter explaining how much you love him, why you wanted to make him a scrapbook, what he means to you, and all the things you hope for your future. This gives him something more personal that is all about how you feel in addition to all of the memories of your relationship in the scrapbook.Advertisement
You're helping people by reading wikiHow
wikiHow's mission is to help people learn, and we really hope this article helped you. Now you are helping others, just by visiting wikiHow.
World Possible is a nonprofit organization focused on connecting offline learners to the world's knowledge. They work to ensure that anyone can access the best educational resources from the web anytime, anywhere, even if they do not have an internet connection.
Click below to let us know you read this article, and wikiHow will donate to World Possible on your behalf. Thanks for helping us achieve our mission of helping people learn how to do anything.
In a Hurry?Edit
To easily make a scrapbook for a significant other, decorate the cover with your names and a picture. Make a simple first page by inscribing the date and a heartfelt dedication. Write special memories on the rest of the pages, embellishing with favorite pictures, keepsakes, and scrapbook decorations. For more creative ways to make your pages pop, read on!
- Take your time while you're working on your scrapbook. This is a very special gift and you want it to be as nice and neat as possible. Spending so much time on a gift will let him know how much you love him.
- Make sure you attach each element securely to each page. You can use glue, tape, or adhesive squares. You don't want parts of the scrapbook to fall out or peel off while he is looking through it.
- Buy some shaped scrapbooking scissors. They cut decorative borders on everything they are used on, which will give your materials a little extra flare.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
About This Article
Reader Success Stories
CK"Was not sure at all how to go about making one, but after reading this, I now at least have a basic plan in my head and it's up to my own creativity to really make it special! Thank you!"..." more
LS"I want to put together a scrapbook for my husband and give it to him for Valentine's Day. Needed some ideas and suggestions how to get started. This was helpful. Thanks! "..." more
SH"This help me a lot. My boyfriend loves it. It was a great idea to start my relationship with my boyfriend."
RP"I was searching for the ideas of scrapbook. You wrote here in a descriptive manner. It helped a lot. "
DS"Nice ideas, thanks. Really, they all are unique!"