Are you young and do not know how to bake cookies? Or did you suddenly run out of brownie mix at the last moment? Don't worry, you're not alone. These homemade, paper cookies will show your mom how much you care about her - and they won't mess up your kitchen either.
1Draw some round, brown circles on a piece of paper. The number of cookies you want to make is totally up to you, just make sure that you don't make too few or too many. Alternatively, you can draw 1 huge cookie.
2Make dots that look like "chocolate chips" with a slightly darker brown pencil or pastel. Color them in. It's OK to be a little messy as long as they look like they are made with love (probably like the cookies your mom bakes, too.)
3Color in the remaining spots with the original brown pencil/pastel you used. Leave the back blank for messages. They should look like real cookies now.
4Cut out the cookies carefully and make sure you have enough space to write a message on the back. If you want, you can color in the back with a very light pencil like yellow or peach, but if you want to keep it white that is fine. White, anyway, is better for magic markers if you will be using them.
5Use a marker and write a message for your mom on the back of the cookie. Say why you love her or what this cookie is for. For example, you could write "I love my mom because she is great at cooking my favorite foods" or "This cookie is for all the love you give me." Repeat with the other cookies, just use different phrases or messages this time. If you have just one big cookie, list multiple reasons.
- You could say you love her because...
- She is beautiful
- She is a great cook
- She is always there for you when you need someone to talk to
- She always loves you the most in the world
- She never gives up
- She is your inspiration
6Place the cookies nicely on a plate or colorful tray. You can write a little card or message to really make them look well presented. If you wish, you can also wrap them up in ribbon to make them look pretty.
7Leave the cookies in a place you know your mom will find them. Once she does, let her read them by herself, and give her a big hug afterwards. She will really appreciate the effort.Advertisement
- If you are writing a note, make it yourself too. Moms love cards, but they love them 10 times more if you made them yourself. Draw happy things like suns, hearts, stars etc. Your mom will be so pleased!
- Clean up any messes that are made afterwards.
- You can decorate the plate with some lovely flowers. Maybe her favorites, or some roses. Whatever you feel is best.
- If you want, you can cut out little bite marks on the cookies, too.
Things You'll NeedEdit
- Pencils/oil pastels
- Markers/Magic markers
- A plate
- Ribbon (optional)
Upload a picture for other readers to see.