Are you tired of waking up late for school and being forced to rush getting ready? Are you always late for school because you just can't wake up at the right time? Here is how to have a great morning routine, in order to save you time, no matter how early or late you wake up.
Part One of Two:
The Night BeforeEdit
1Get everything (including homework) organized in your bag/backpack for the next day.
- Have all paperwork signed by parents. Put away all of your books, papers and other school requirements, inside your bag and ready to take in the morning.
2Pick out an outfit that you like. Lay it out somewhere that you can remember to find it in the morning.
- Include accessories if you want to wear these.
Part Two of Two:
The Morning of the School DayEdit
1Make sure you wake up at an early hour. Wake up at least thirty minutes or earlier before school starts, so that you have plenty of time to get ready. It's also helpful to use an alarm clock or radio to wake up.
2Go straight to the bathroom and brush your teeth and wash your face. This is a good start for keeping nice and clean during the school day.
- If you want, take a shower. It will make you smell and feel better throughout the whole day.
3Get dressed. You'll be glad that you laid out your clothes the night before.
4Comb your hair. Style it any way you like or just leave it as it is.
5Make up your bed, quick pick up and put away.
6Eat breakfast. Make sure you like what you have for breakfast. And always remember, any breakfast is better than none. So eat up!
- If you don't have enough time to eat breakfast and home, then just pack a breakfast bar into your bag or put it in your pocket so you can quickly and easily get it out and then you can eat your healthy breakfast bar on the way to school or at break time, if you have that at your school.
7Do other things as needed. For example:
- Move your siblings! Help them get up in the morning. They might be the reason that you're late.
- Give food and water to your pets, if applicable.
8Grab your bag and make sure everything (like homework) is organized the way you want. Turn off all lights and lock the doors if you're responsible for doing this. Head out the door and be on time!Advertisement
You're helping people by reading wikiHow
wikiHow's mission is to help people learn, and we really hope this article helped you. Now you are helping others, just by visiting wikiHow.
World Possible is a nonprofit organization focused on connecting offline learners to the world's knowledge. They work to ensure that anyone can access the best educational resources from the web anytime, anywhere, even if they do not have an internet connection.
Click below to let us know you read this article, and wikiHow will donate to World Possible on your behalf. Thanks for helping us achieve our mission of helping people learn how to do anything.
- Try not to rush too much. Leave plenty of time for even some relaxing in the morning.
- Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep, or else you might be too tired to function the next day.
- Try to drink milk with your breakfast. If you can't drink milk, try soy milk. Milk has a lot of protein, so it fills you up. Some people drink water.
- Do not sleep in on school days. Ever. It could make you groggy.
- Try doing some quick exercises or yoga in the morning. It will help you feel less tired.
- If you have an alarm and always "snooze", set multiple alarms on your phone. The latest one has to be at least half an hour before school starts.
- Make a routine list on the weekend.
- When you brush your teeth, make sure you brush them for 2 minutes to keep your teeth healthy.
- Get away from your bed when you wake up so you don't fall asleep again.
- Try not to play on your phone in the morning because you might get distracted and lose track of time.
- If you're a lazy sleeper, make sure your alarm is loud enough for you to hear it .
- Make sure you have had at least some healthy breakfast to keep you going for the day!
- Washing your face will make you feel more energetic because you haven't got anything in your eyes and you feel fresh but be careful!
- If you have a hard time getting up and staying up in the morning, try putting your alarm clock across the room. That way, you'll have to actually get up to turn it off.
- If you are going to shower in the morning, make sure you wake up at least 10 minutes before the time that you usually wake up.
- Stay away from your phone.
- If you walk to school and you meet up with a friend and you think you may be a little bit late, ring them in advance.
- Make your lunch box the night before.
- Drink a glass of water after brushing your teeth.This will help you be energetic.
- Make your lunch box the night before and put it in the refrigerator . Self talk before going to sleep ( Exp. I must not press the snooze button tomorrow morning.) because subconscious is more powerful than conscious.
Things You'll NeedEdit
- Alarm clock or radio (optional)
- At least 8 hours of sleep.