There are a variety of signs of aging that we begin to see as the years march along. These can include (just to name a few) sun damage, dry, scaly skin, dark age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, mottled skin tone, enlarged pores, sagging facial skin, ruddy skin texture, loss of skin elasticity and a decrease in the skin’s healing abilities. You can effectively address aging skin concerns with a few easy strategies.
1Choose a product with scientifically proven means. Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), a Nobel Prize winning ingredient that is very effective in rejuvenating, healing and repairing aging skin. It helps raise skin cell renewal activities; stimulates old skin cells to revert to a more youthful pattern.
2Choose a product with an effective concentration of an active ingredient. An effective concentration of glycolic Acid should be between 8% and 15%. Vitamin A (Retinol) products should have at least a .15% concentration. Active ingredients may cause break out or irritation on certain skin types. It is important to test the product on the neck before applying to the face.
3Add a powerful antioxidant such as a stable form of Vitamin C, Tea Extract or Ginseng Extract. This will help protect the skin from environmental damage and improve the skin’s healing ability.
4Use a product with Emu Oil. It has a unique healing and moisturizing properties. It has been shown to reduce the depth and length of fine lines and wrinkles and improve sun-damage and scars.
5Use a Vitamin K product. This is well known for improving those dark circles under the eyes and is helpful in reducing the redness from broken capillaries that can give the skin a red, ruddy appearance. Vitamin K is not suitable for sensitive skin.
6Use Hydroquinone in concentrations of 1% to 2% to bleach those stubborn age spots.Advertisement
You're helping people by reading wikiHow
wikiHow's mission is to help people learn, and we really hope this article helped you. Now you are helping others, just by visiting wikiHow.
World Possible is a nonprofit organization focused on connecting offline learners to the world's knowledge. They work to ensure that anyone can access the best educational resources from the web anytime, anywhere, even if they do not have an internet connection.
Click below to let us know you read this article, and wikiHow will donate to World Possible on your behalf. Thanks for helping us achieve our mission of helping people learn how to do anything.
- Some experts say that submerging your face in pineapple juice for about 30 seconds can make your skin look up to 10 years younger, if done everyday.
- There are simply hundreds of combinations for skin care treatments that can be tailored to address your own aging skin care needs, so don’t be afraid to experiment a little bit to find the best combination that works for you.
- Olive-oil based products are nutrient-rich for dry and aging skin.
- The higher concentrations of both glycolic acid and retinol can be rather strong so start very, very slowly so your skin has a chance to get used to them.
- Any product with a concentration of glycolic acid over 15% should only be administered by a professional; you don’t want to harm your skin.